tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Babcock" <ma...@CorMine.com>
Subject RE: need help on jsp issue under Tomcat 5.5.17
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:17:03 GMT
Ning,

Where are you putting the test file?  I copied your test file and
dropped it into my tomcat folder and it ran without a hitch.  Can you
view the samples that come with tomcat?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Jerry [mailto:2005gc@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2006 1:06 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: need help on jsp issue under Tomcat 5.5.17

Hi there,

I recently downloaded and installed Tomcat 5.5.17 on my Windows XP
machine,
and did some basical tests. It turns out that the it has problems
executing
jsp files with the vrey basic functions. For example, I have a very
simple
jsp file as follows:

---test.jsp----

<%@ page import = "java.util.Date" %>
<HTML>
time : <%= System.currentTimeMillis() %>
Request URI: <%= request.getRequestURI() %>
date : <%= new java.util.Date() %>
</HTML>

The file test.jsp is located under %CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/test

When I load in the jsp file(http://localhost:8080/test/test.jsp) in
Tomcat ,
it shows the following result:

time
Request URI
date

It seems that Tomcat does not execute the embedded jsp codes, and I
cannot
find any error messages in the log file.

In addition, I have verified :
- CLASSPATH setting is correct, which contains the dt.jar/tools.jar from
JDK
1.5 and jsp-api.jar/servlet-api.jar from Tomcat.
- I can run servelt/html file without any problem under Tomcat
- I can run the JSP example installed with Tomcat without any problem
- I tried to copy the test.jsp into the directory of installed JSP
examples
of Tomcat and reload the jsp file, and it shows the same issue.

Could you please shed some light on this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
Ning