tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <>
Subject RE: Someone Please: Why Is Tomcat Looking In The Wrong Directory?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:30:10 GMT
I would think that you would want Application specific folder option of
docBase in your context.xml

All users of the box (unless specifically excluded) will operate with the

-docBase an attribute which is embedded in your webapps context
If you only want to change the load point for your docs for your specific
you can modify docBase for your webapps context to quote

"You may specify an absolute pathname for this directory or WAR file, or a
pathname that is relative to the appBase directory of the owning Host"

documentation available at

Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official
business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender
does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient.
Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within this

View raw message