tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Status 404 - /jsp-examples/
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:44:06 GMT
Lou-
I have noted these maladies can happen when Tomcat's default-servlet is not
configured correctly
Please display configuration for defaultServlet located at
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml
(it should look something like)

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
          org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet
        </servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>debug</param-name>
            <param-value>0</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>listings</param-name>
            <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

doc available at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/default-servlet.html#what

HTH,
Martin--
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official
business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender
does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient.
Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within this
transmission.