tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <>
Subject RE: turning logging on for JSF on tomcat 5.0.28
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 18:46:41 GMT
To enable and configure logging in Tomcat look at

Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official
business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender
does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient.
Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within this

>I am trying to turn on the logging for JSF, and output the logs to
>catalina_log.txt in tomcat 5.0.28. Below are the steps that I have taken
>to no avail.
>1. Updated catalina.bat with
>2. Coppied the file from jre\lib to tomcat\conf
>3. Changed the following properties in the from INFO
>.level= FINEST
>java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = FINEST
>And added
>After taking these steps tomcat starts to log to the console but not to
>the catalina_log.txt.
>And I have the following questions
>1. I was wondering how can I direct the logs to catalina_out.txt rather
>then the console
>2. Also JSF uses java.util.logging to do its logging, I was wondering
>also how can I turn on the this logging in tomcat.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message