tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 and IPv6 configuration
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2006 17:24:16 GMT
Markus/Zhang

The only topic for IPv6 in J2SE 5 JavaDoc I found addresses correct
formatting for v6 spec addresses
Documentation for InetAddress is located at
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/
which states
For IPv4 address format, please refer to Inet4Address#format;
For IPv6 address format, please refer to Inet6Address#format

With regards to IPv6 the documentation for proper formatting states
The preferred form is x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x, where the 'x's are the hexadecimal
values of the eight 16-bit pieces of the address. This is the full form. For
example,
1080:0:0:0:8:800:200C:417A

Viel Gluck,
Martin--
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official
business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender
does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient.
Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within this
transmission.