tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: 2 tomcat on the same PC
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:47:26 GMT
You've introduced a collision for the same resources

Tomcat1 starts up and acquires listener connection for all ports configured
within server.xml (default is 8080)
Tomcat2 starts up and attempts to acquire listener connection on all ports
configured within server.xml (goes after 8080)

so..
Tomcat1 wins and Tomcat2 constantly contends for the same port specified in
Connector
Change the port specification for the default Catalina connector
    <Connector port="8080"          -- TO
    <Connector port="8081"         --8081 is a port which is not being used
(not displayed) if you run netstat -a

Dumb question but I have to ask why are you running 2 Tomcats?

Martin

Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official
business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender
does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient.
Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within this
transmission.