tomcat-users mailing list archives

From KEGan <khoon.ee....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10,000 Virtual Hosts in a Tomcat instance
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2006 10:30:49 GMT
I tried to use only Tomcat since the static content is dynamically
generated. Think blogging application.

However, users dont update the data that often, that's why I generate the
content and make it static for web access, as oppose to dynamically generate
the content each time it is requested. Using minimal CPU cycles.

Also, I tried to use ONLY Tomcat and do away with integration of Apache HTTP
+ Tomcat, or Lighthttpd + Tomcat, because its would be easier to maintain.

I will try to write some tests and see how much memory and such. Then post
back here. This may take a while.

Worse come to worst, I will keep only 1 webapp, then use servlet filter to
return different HTML depending on the httpServletRequest.getServerName().

~KEGan