tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robin...@pmcipa.com>
Subject RE: Someone Please: Why Is Tomcat Looking In The Wrong Directory?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:39:35 GMT
Sorry, I cannot answer that question as I am not the developer. Although
I called it "myapp" for simplicty, it is really a third-party
application.

--
Eric Robinson

-----Original Message-----
From: David Smith [mailto:dns4@cornell.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 8:23 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Someone Please: Why Is Tomcat Looking In The Wrong
Directory?

I'm responding to the first message in the thread, but have read all of
it.  A thought:

How are you opening this file?  Hopefully it's via
ServletContext.getResourceAsStream( "/myapp/conf/myapp.properties" ) ;

--David

Robinson, Eric wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>When I start tomcat, I get several messages like these:
>
>    java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>/usr/local/tomcat5/webapps/myapp/conf/myapp.properties (No such file or
>directory)
>
>This file actually exists in
>/home/myaccount/tomcat5/webapps/myapp/conf/myapp.properties
>
>I have $CATALINA_BASE set to /home/myaccount/tomcat5
>
>My instance of tomcat is starting mostly fine. I can connect to it on
>my custom port and see my own default page, but for some reason tomcat
>is still looking for "myapp" in the directory specified by
$CATALINA_HOME.

>Someone please take a moment and give me some tips on why this might be

>happening.
>
>Thanks much,
>

>--
>Eric Robinson
>

>Disclaimer - August 1, 2006
intended solely for users@tomcat.apache.org. If you are not the named
addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this
email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of
the author and might not represent those of Physician Select Management
(PSM) or Physician's Managed Care (PMC). Warning: Although the message
sender has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present
in this email, neither PSM nor PMC can accept responsibility for any
loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.