tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robinson, Eric" <>
Subject Someone Please: Why Is Tomcat Looking In The Wrong Directory?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 12:36:09 GMT
Hello all,
When I start tomcat, I get several messages like these:
/usr/local/tomcat5/webapps/myapp/conf/ (No such file or
This file actually exists in
I have $CATALINA_BASE set to /home/myaccount/tomcat5
My instance of tomcat is starting mostly fine. I can connect to it on my
custom port and see my own default page, but for some reason tomcat is
still looking for "myapp" in the directory specified by $CATALINA_HOME.
Someone please take a moment and give me some tips on why this might be
Thanks much,

Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - August 1, 2006
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this
email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might
not represent those of Physician Select Management (PSM) or Physician's Managed Care (PMC).
Warning: Although the message sender has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses
are present in this email, neither PSM nor PMC can accept responsibility for any loss or damage
arising from the use of this email or attachments.