tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Darren <darrensli...@googlemail.com>
Subject Encrypt Cleartext Resource Password
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:10:27 GMT
Hi,

I have a JDBC resource configured with tomcat 5.0 (in server.xml) and
it is working fine.

<Resource name="jdbc/database" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource" maxActive="10" maxIdle="15"
maxWait="10000" removeAbandoned="true" removeAbandonedTimeout="300"
logAbandoned="true" driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
username="USERNAME" password="PASSWORD" url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:
3306/DB?autoReconnect=true" />

I would like to specify the PASSWORD in an encrypted, or at least
encoded, form so it is not cleartext.  Checking the docs I see
mention of a digest parameter, but I cannot find any reference to
using this with regard to a JDBC resource.  Is such a thing
possible?  If not, perhaps someone could point me to the relevant
parts of the source code I need to subclass in order to make it
possible.

Thanks,
Darren