tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Styduhar" <chr...@buildings.nyc.gov>
Subject Strange error referencing JRE when integrating with MyEclipse
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 15:19:59 GMT
Hey everyone...

Quick question that will probably take 5 seconds to answer... I'm using
the following configuration:

-          Tomcat 5.5

-          MyEclilpse 5.0 (Eclipse 3.2)

-          J2sdk1.4.2_12

I set MyEclipse to point at the 1.4 version of the JDK (the only one on
my system as far as I can tell).  When I try to startup the server from
Eclipse, I get the following error:

This release of Apache Tomcat was packaged to run on J2SE 5.0

or later. It can be run on earlier JVMs by downloading and

installing a compatibility package from the Apache Tomcat

binary download page.

I'm a bit confused as to why it's giving me this error - since Tomcat
appears to be running fine on my machine (I can access localhost:8080/
just fine).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris