tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Raju Balugu" <raju.bal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 12:48:59 GMT
Hi ,

1.Have you fallowed the same steps whic is mentioned in this
link.Pleasecheck once again .
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
and check one more link they also having the same problem
http://forum.sun.com/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=101183&tstart=0

2.Check your system weather its blocking the ports by navigating to virus
scanner console if its there.

Regards
Raju

On 8/1/06, David Smith <dns4@cornell.edu> wrote:

> And you are sure your test with the client software was via TCP, not
> some other piped/ODBC connection scheme?  I'm guessing this is a Windows
> system.  Have you checked your firewall for allowing the connections?
> Also try using TCPMon from sysinternals.org to see what's happening with
> connections to the database.  It's good at showing net connection on a
> Windows box in real time.
>
> --David
>
> Aynalem, Seblewengel (Trawick) wrote:
>
> >Thanks David.  I am able to connect to SQL Server 2000. Actually Tomcat
> 5.5.17 and SQL Server 2000 is on the same machine that I am working on.
> Could there be any other cause for this error:
> >
> >org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
> PoolableConnectionFactory (The TCP/IP connection to the host  has failed.
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)

              at
> ISOTracking.SessionBean.login(SessionBean.java:217)                          at
> org.apache.jsp.ISOTracking.LoginAction_jsp._jspService(LoginAction_jsp.java:57)
                                                                        at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
> at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(
> JspServletWrapper.java:332)
                    at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
> at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)            at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(
> ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
       at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(
> ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
               at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(
> StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
                   at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(
> StandardContextValve.java:178)
                   at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
                                                                        at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
                                                                        at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(
> StandardEngineValve.java:107)
                    at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
                                                                        at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection
> (Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)                                           at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(
> PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(
> LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
            at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(
> ThreadPool.java:684)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)                                Caused
> by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection
> to the host  has failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused:
> connect
> at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(Unknown
> Source)                                                                          at
> com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(Unknown
> Source)
> at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(Unknown
> Source)         at
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(
> DriverConnectionFactory.java:37)
   at
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(
> PoolableConnectionFactory.java:290)
> at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory(
> BasicDataSource.java:877)
  at
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(
> BasicDataSource.java:851)
> ... 23
> more
> error Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The TCP/IP connection to the
> host  has failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)

for username and password... and when submit is hit, it gives