tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Tolga.U...@thomson.com>
Subject turning logging on for JSF on tomcat 5.0.28
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:39:25 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to turn on the logging for JSF, and output the logs to
catalina_log.txt in tomcat 5.0.28. Below are the steps that I have taken
to no avail.

1. Updated catalina.bat with

SET
CATALINA_OPTS=-Djava.util.logging.config.file=C:\Java\jakarta-tomcat-5.0
.28\conf\logging.properties

2. Coppied the logging.properties file from jre\lib to tomcat\conf
directory

3. Changed the following properties in the logging.properties from INFO
to FINEST

.level= FINEST
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = FINEST

And added

com.sun.faces.level=FINEST

After taking these steps tomcat starts to log to the console but not to
the catalina_log.txt.

And I have the following questions

1. I was wondering how can I direct the logs to catalina_out.txt rather
then the console
2. Also JSF uses java.util.logging to do its logging, I was wondering
also how can I turn on the this logging in tomcat.

Thanks