tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Miehs <and...@2sheds.de>
Subject Re: Tool for monitoring Tomcat from the client side
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 22:03:27 GMT
 From http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/apr.html

When APR is enabled, the HTTP connector will use sendfile for hadling
large static files (all such files will be sent ansychronously using
high performance kernel level calls), and will use a socket poller for
keepalive, increasing scalability of the server.

On Linux, epoll is used if available.

Regards

Andrew