tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Problems configuring the RequestDumperValve
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:59:32 GMT
Santosh Puranshettiwar wrote:
> Any ideas?
>> <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemOutLogger"/>
>> <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve"/>

>> The above lines are in a file named mcs.xml inside webapps/mcs/WEB-INF
>> But still the RequestDumperValue does not print anything on the console.

>From the docs:
Standard Output Logger (org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemOutLogger)

The Standard Output Logger records all logged messages to whatever
stream the standard output of Catalina is pointed at. The default
Catalina startup script points this at file logs/catalina.out relative
to $CATALINA_HOME. This logger supports no additional attributes.

Therefore, I would not expect to see anything on the console but in

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message