tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mansour <mansour77+li...@ownmail.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.0.28 is showing an old applets
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:33:00 GMT
I am new to JSP but this issue has nothing to do with tomcat as I have
gone through this with apache. The browser keeps a version of the
applet. I think you have to clear the java cache to fix this. However a
work around, was to put the date and time after the javaclass. for
example: <applet  code="MyClass.class"  archive="myJar.jar?v=theDate">

I am not sure how to automate this in JSP, but that's what I did in PHP,
and it works great.

<applet code="MyClass.class"  archive="MyClass.class?v=<?php print
date('U') ?>" width=xx height=xx>

This will force the browser to obtain the latest version of the code
every time. Maybe you can find out how to do the same in JSP.

I hope this helps.