tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Handling huge amount data
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:53:23 GMT
If you are sure the sessions are where your memory is going, is there
any way to reduce the session size?  I would think a query for a large
amount of data should be a request scoped item or maybe even put on the
presentation layer with a taglib.

You could also be hanging onto object references in other parts of your
code.  Invalidating the session won't clean that up.

Also there are profilers around that will give you an idea of memory
useage.  Google is your friend.

--David