tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Ochani <ocha...@ncc.edu>
Subject Re: jdk
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2006 14:24:22 GMT
Date sent:      	Sat, 26 Aug 2006 14:49:01 +0200
From:           	Abbey - Jonbysoft <dominios@jonbysoft.com>
Subject:        	jdk
To:             	users@tomcat.apache.org
Send reply to:  	Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>

> I have downloaded and installed the following in this order:
> I am running Windows XP Professional with all updates.
>
> Apache 2.2 (apache_2.2.3-win32-x86-no_ssl)
> Got that working on Port 8080
>
> JDK 5.0 (jdk-1_5_0_08-windows-i586-p)
> Seems ok!
>
> Apache Tomcat 5.0 (jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28)
> That too seems to work
>

> Apache_Tomcat_Connectors (mod_jk-apache-2.2.2.so) Rename to mod_jk.so
> and placed in Apache2/modules directory. I got this from
> http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/win32/
> jk-1.2 .18/
>
> And put workers2.properties.sample into
>
> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf
>
> And saved it as workers2.properties.
>
> After this Tomcat starts ok but Apache no go!!
>
> It has a problem with the mod_JK2.so file.
>
> When I restart apache I get this error:
>
> httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 115 of C:/Program Files/Apache
> Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/Program
> Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/modules/mod_jk.so into
> server: The specified procedure could not be found.

This is most likely because you're using mod_jk binary built for apache httpd 2.2.2 but you

are using 2.2.3.
You should try finding and using apache httpd 2.2.2.
You can also re-evaluate the need for apache httpd alltogether since you are trying to use

Tomcat which serves static content just fine.

Also remember you can only run one listening service on a port.