tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Firefox / cookies / sessions - tomcat problem
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:27:22 GMT
Firefox 'B' is a new window on the original Firefox 'A' (same
application instance).  As such they share the same session on your
webapp.  Your code should check to be sure the session is still valid
(request.isRequestedSessionIdValid()).

On a design note, you should not be maintaining open connections in
session.  Open, do your business, and close them immediately within the
life cycle of a single request.  Pooling will take care of maintaining
the connections for you.

--David