tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Yeargers <j...@bme.ogi.edu>
Subject Firefox / cookies / sessions - tomcat problem
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:03:58 GMT
Issue: Im running into problems with a tomcat based application that
uses the JNDI connection pooling mechanism that ships with tomcat. It
appears that my session bits are being kept 'alive' by any running
instances of firefox even after the browser running my app is closed.

Situation: I have a session bean that handles the connection pool. Im
handling several DBs in it so there are corresponding 'getConnection'
for each. There are several web-apps in this installation that use this
session bean (compiled into a .jar with some other common functions).

What happens: I run the app (in firefox) ('A'). All is well. I open
another instance of firefox ('B'). I close the instance of firefox with
the app. Browse a bit in the remaining instance. Then I run the app
again('C'). I get exceptions from any attempt to get DB connection(s).
Debugging information shows that the constructor in the .jar isn't being
called as the second process is getting the session object (now 'stale')
from Firefox ('B').

Question: is there some way to force the app to create a 'fresh'
instance of a session object? Or am I highly confused on this issue?

Installation ver: tomcat 5.5.9 on Redhat Enterprise. Firefox 1.5