tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Romain Quilici <r.quil...@chem.usyd.edu.au>
Subject getRealPath and war file
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 02:09:34 GMT
Hi all,
I know that this question has been asked many times, but still something
not clear for me.
When an application is deployed as a war file, (as mentioned in the
javadoc, or in several messages), context.getRealPath() will return null.
However, Tomcat creates automatically a directory under webapps to
contain war file contents, so I am wondering if Tomcat is using the
newly generated directory to load the application(1st case) or
the war file (2nd case).
In the first case context.getRealPath("/") should return the path to the
newly generated directory.
In the second case, why does Tomcat generate the directory to contain
war file contents?
Thanks for the explanation
Regards
Romain