tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lars Nielsen Lind <...@tidtilforandring.dk>
Subject Re: Upgrade problem (useBean)
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 20:08:51 GMT
David Smith skrev:
> Usually you'd know it if it was.  By default it isn't and has to be
> explicitly turned on.  See
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/security-manager-howto.html
> for more information.
>
> Here's a quick and dirty test -- insert a scriptlet in your jsp code
> something like:
>
> <%
>  internet.database.SimpleUseOfConnectionPool myBean = new
> internet.database.SimpleUseOfConnectionPool() ;
> %>
>
> If that works, then I would say jasper is at fault somehow.  If not,
> take a look at the generated exception for the real cause of your
> problem.
>
> --David
>
> Lars Nielsen Lind wrote:
>
>> David Smith skrev:
>>
>>> This may be something for a bugzilla report, but I looked at the
>>> source of org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator.  The real exception
>>> generated is eaten in favor of the very unhelpful message you received.
>>> The possible original exceptions may have been one of:
>>>
>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException - the class is not in
>>> WEB-INF/classes/internet/database or a jar in WEB-INF/lib probably
>>> not your issue since it works from jsps located in the webapp's root
>>> directory.
>>>
>>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException - if no default constructor was
>>> found, I think you've already said one was present.
>>>
>>> java.lang.SecurityException - if the security manager is active and
>>> denying access.  Hmmm..... is tomcat running under a security manager?
>>>

>>> --David

>> How do I check if Tomcat is running under a security manager?
>>
>> Lars Nielsen Lind

Ok I have tried to do as you said
(......../webapps/application1/kontakt/kontakt.jsp):

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"
pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1" import="java.sql.*, java.io.*, java.util.*,
internet.database.*, internet.log.*" %>

<%
 internet.database.SimpleUseOfConnectionPool myBean = new
internet.database.SimpleUseOfConnectionPool() ;
%>

And the result is:

*type* Exception report

*message*

*description* _The server encountered an internal error () that
prevented it from fulfilling this request._

*exception*

An error occurred at line: 5 in the jsp file: /kontakt.jsp
Generated servlet error:
internet.database.SimpleUseOfConnectionPool cannot be resolved to a type

An error occurred at line: 5 in the jsp file: /kontakt.jsp
Generated servlet error:
internet.database.SimpleUseOfConnectionPool cannot be resolved to a type

	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:510)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:375)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

*root cause*

An error occurred at line: 5 in the jsp file: /kontakt.jsp
Generated servlet error:
internet.database.SimpleUseOfConnectionPool cannot be resolved to a type

An error occurred at line: 5 in the jsp file: /kontakt.jsp
Generated servlet error:
internet.database.SimpleUseOfConnectionPool cannot be resolved to a type

	org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:84)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:328)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:414)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:297)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:276)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:264)
	org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:563)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:303)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

*note* _The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the
Apache Tomcat/5.5.17 logs._

And tomcat logs:

2006-08-08 22:01:52 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception

An error occurred at line: 5 in the jsp file: /kontakt.jsp
Generated servlet error:
internet.database.SimpleUseOfConnectionPool cannot be resolved to a type

An error occurred at line: 5 in the jsp file: /kontakt.jsp
Generated servlet error:
internet.database.SimpleUseOfConnectionPool cannot be resolved to a type

    at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:84)
    at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:328)
    at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:414)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:297)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:276)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:264)
    at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:563)
    at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:303)
    at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at
    at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)
    at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)
    at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:754)
    at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:684)
    at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:876)
    at
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Lars Nielsen Lind