tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Upgrade problem (useBean)
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 19:23:59 GMT
Usually you'd know it if it was.  By default it isn't and has to be
explicitly turned on.  See
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/security-manager-howto.html for
more information.

Here's a quick and dirty test -- insert a scriptlet in your jsp code
something like:

<%
  internet.database.SimpleUseOfConnectionPool myBean = new
internet.database.SimpleUseOfConnectionPool() ;
%>

If that works, then I would say jasper is at fault somehow.  If not,
take a look at the generated exception for the real cause of your problem.

--David