tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Upgrade problem (useBean)
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 13:52:19 GMT
This may be something for a bugzilla report, but I looked at the source
of org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator.  The real exception generated
is eaten in favor of the very unhelpful message you received.

The possible original exceptions may have been one of:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException - the class is not in
WEB-INF/classes/internet/database or a jar in WEB-INF/lib probably not
your issue since it works from jsps located in the webapp's root directory.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException - if no default constructor was found, I
think you've already said one was present.

java.lang.SecurityException - if the security manager is active and
denying access.  Hmmm..... is tomcat running under a security manager?

--David