tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Novotny <novo...@aei.mpg.de>
Subject how to log a class in shared/lib
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 23:25:04 GMT

Hi,

    I have a lightweight singleton that I need to place in shared/lib so
that it may be accessed by a few other webapps. My question is what
logging jar will make my life the easiest to use in my singleton? My
assumption is that each webapp should be able to configure which classes
it wishes to log (including whether to log the singleton in shared/lib).
Persuing google it seems like if I put log4j in shared/lib it could
create conflicts if the individual webapps also contain log4j jar too.
Would it be ok to just use commons-logging, or what about java.util.Logger?

    Thanks, Jason