tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Code performance question #2
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 16:28:23 GMT
I'm not sure how to "Split it on the &, put it into a suitably keyed
structure such as a Map" other than the way I'm doing it already, unless
I'm not understanding your suggestion.  So I think I need to give a bit
more info about how this is used:

I can't control the data coming in; it's from a different application
which sends this string in an encrypted form over a WAN.  After I
decrypt the data string, I'm left with the string I describe below.  I
need to parse out the data from the fields in the string, and then write
them out to disk in a different format.  There is no other processing
done with the data, so I don't need to reference any of them more than
once.  Therefore I think loading them into an array probably adds more
overhead than splitting the string the way I do right now.

Is there a more efficient "split" method I could use?  Or am I
completely missing the point of what you are suggesting?

Dave