tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Romain Quilici <r.quil...@chem.usyd.edu.au>
Subject Re: Writing files accessible from a browser
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 06:44:11 GMT
Thanks for the answer,
this solution was part of my investigation, and was actually the first
idea I had.
The problem with this approach is I don't know how to access the
/image_dir/ from within my web application.
Maybe using something like
String path = servletContext.getRealPath("/");
String imagePath = path+"../image_dir/"
and use the imagePath to create my images, then in my jsp something like
<request.getContextPath()/../image_dir/image1.jpg>

But I am not sure this approach works in all configurations,
particularly if my webapp is deployed inside a war.

Thanks
Romain