tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Lear <chris.l...@laculine.com>
Subject Re: multiple instances of tomcat
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 15:04:30 GMT
* Pratap Parne wrote (03/08/06 15:50):
> how to setup and deploy applications on multiple
> instances of tomcat on a single box.can anyone give me
> the steps to do that

You need to use different CATALINA_BASE variables for the different
instances. It's badly documented (in my opinion), but you can try here:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=+site%3Atomcat.apache.org+tomcat+catalina_base

And read the comments in catalina.sh (or catalina.bat)

Basically, you need to set CATALINA_BASE to a directory that contains
directories called conf, logs, temp, and webapps. A work directory will
be created there as well. You can have several of these.
The bin, common, server, and shared directories should all be in the
directory that CATALINA_HOME points to. You need only one of these.

Then make sure your different tomcats don't try to bind to the same
ports, and you're away.

Chris