tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Someone Please: Why Is Tomcat Looking In The Wrong Directory?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:53:11 GMT
Eric,

> It makes sense, but before I try the symlink approach, be advised of the
> full scenario. Multiple doctor's offices will be connected to the same
> server. Each office will have its own instance of tomcat running a copy
> (sometimes a different version) of the 3rd party app. The config files
> are different for each site.

Does each office have their own copy of the software running /on the
same machine/? If so, i think you might be out of luck.

If they're on different machines, then you can just pick the target
directory that is appropriate for the configuration file.

If you're all on one machine, then maybe you can create the
/usr/local/tomcat5/conf directory and use separate symlinks for each
individual file -- perhaps that will do the trick. I don't quite
understand your deployment strategy, so I can't be sure if I know that
you mean.

Just 'cause I'm curious: what software are you running?

-chris