tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lou Caudell <lcaud...@wtceng.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Status 404 - /jsp-examples/
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 14:17:27 GMT
Prahlad.Thakur@aps.com wrote:
> Can't get the jsp-example to run, getting 404 error.
>
> I have installed tomcat 5.0.28 under AIX 5.3 and Java SDK 1.4.2. The
> service is
> running under the same account that I used to install. I have setup the
> following environment variables:
>
> 	CATALINA_HOME
> 	CATALINA_BASE
> 	JAVA_HOME
>
> I have added following to the path: /usr/java14/jre/bin:/usr/java14/bin
>
> The default page index.jsp from the webapps folder comes up okay and I
> can
> perform most of the admin functions however the jsp-examples and
> servelet
> examples return 404 error.
>
> I have installed tomcat multiple times yet no luck.  Google has not been
> of any
> help. In the bugs database, only reference I found was to check on the
> tomcat
> users list.
>
> Seems like tomcat is missing the context path for jsp-examples, where
> would I
> check that? Shouldn't that be alreday defined in the default
> configuration
> files.
>
> Please advise, I am really frustrated.  Thanks!
>

> Email Firewall made the following annotations
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------ NOTICE ---
>
> This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain confidential, privileged
or proprietary information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original and any copy or printout. Unintended recipients are prohibited from
making any other use of this e-mail. Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure
no viruses are present in this e-mail, we accept no liability for any loss or damage arising
from the use of this e-mail or attachments, or for any delay or errors or omissions in the
contents which result from e-mail transmission.

You didn't show an example of the url being called, so I must ask if you
included the port on which tomcat is running in your call.
  ie.... http://<host>:8080/jsp-examples/<some.jsp>

8080 is the default, but it can be changed in the server.xml file.
- Lou Caudell
(Notice: This party reserves all rights)