tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.17 can connect to any webserver without mod_jk ?is this true?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 12:15:31 GMT
mod_proxy is the old proxy that Apache has had since 1.3 or earlier.
Basic idea is to pass on the incoming request to another server.
mod_proxy_ajp was introduced in Apache 2.2 to extend the mod_proxy
module with the ability to pass client HTTP requests back to a tomcat
instance via the AJP/1.3 protocol.  Think if it as incorporating the
functions of mod_jk into mod_proxy.

--David