tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "0 8" <0112...@gmail.com>
Subject Create an object that's shared with multiple applications?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 17:41:04 GMT
Hello,

I currently have a JSP application under Tomcat that uses an object
created when Tomcat starts up.  The object is created using a class
that implements ServletContextListener and I can call the object from
my JSPs.  All is well.

Originally, I thought I could have one of these objects per
application.  But it turns out I can have only one per server.

I've been doing some searching and looking through the documentation,
but I can't figure out how to do this.

How can I create a single object when Tomcat starts up and access that
object from multiple web apps?

Thanks,
Matt