tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L" <>
Subject RE: HTTP Status 404 - /jsp-examples/
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 15:51:44 GMT
that may need to be reconfigured in the server.xml file, within the Context path area.

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 8:25 PM
Subject: HTTP Status 404 - /jsp-examples/

Can't get the jsp-example to run, getting 404 error.

I have installed tomcat 5.0.28 under AIX 5.3 and Java SDK 1.4.2. The
service is
running under the same account that I used to install. I have setup the
following environment variables:

I have added following to the path: /usr/java14/jre/bin:/usr/java14/bin

The default page index.jsp from the webapps folder comes up okay and I
perform most of the admin functions however the jsp-examples and
examples return 404 error.

I have installed tomcat multiple times yet no luck.  Google has not been
of any
help. In the bugs database, only reference I found was to check on the
users list.

Seems like tomcat is missing the context path for jsp-examples, where
would I
check that? Shouldn't that be alreday defined in the default

Please advise, I am really frustrated.  Thanks!

Email Firewall made the following annotations
------------------------------------------------------------------------ NOTICE ---

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain confidential, privileged
or proprietary information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original and any copy or printout. Unintended recipients are prohibited from
making any other use of this e-mail. Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure
no viruses are present in this e-mail, we accept no liability for any loss or damage arising
from the use of this e-mail or attachments, or for any delay or errors or omissions in the
contents which result from e-mail transmission.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message