tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "tomcat" <tom...@jhatley.com>
Subject Multiple apache web servers single Tomcat, how many Connectors are needed?
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:54:08 GMT
Hello,

Hopefully someone can clarify a setup query I have as after lots of searching I cannot
find a definitive answer.

Although I'm configuring a much more complex system the problem I have boils down to
this.

I want to configure two Apache instances running on separate servers to talk to a
single
Tomcat instance (on its own server) but need clarification on the number of
Connectors I
need to define on the Tomcat side (server.xml). Is it a Connector listening on
individual ports for each web server or one Connetor for all web servers?

Apache 2.0.59
mod_jk 1.2.18
Tomcat 5.5.17

Thanks in advance