tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "McRaven, Brian" <bm185...@ncr.com>
Subject Install on XP Home edition
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:58:20 GMT
I installed Tomcat 5.5.17 on my home computer so that I can test my
project when I'm away from work.  After completing the steps from a
website (www.codeservlets.com) I try the startup.bat file in the bin
directory.  The program runs for a very short time and quits before I
can read the one and only line that is written in the DOS screen.  Does
anyone know what could be wrong here.  Does the fact that I installed
the program on a Home Edition of XP mean that it won't work.  I know I
can't get IIS installed on a Home Edition of XP.

Brian McRaven