tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ingmar Loetzsch <iloetz...@asci-systemhaus.de>
Subject Re: Eclipse: Deploying To Tomcat
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:56:06 GMT
I don't now a guide and I'm not using Maven. You may try

1st way:

Preferences - Server - Installed Runtimes - Add ...

project node - right click - Debug On Server

Every time a file changes, Tomcat reloads the app.

Temporary location of deployed files is
...\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\webapps

I experienced some difficulties in using log4j. log4j.properties were not found in WEB-INF/classes.
During development put log4j.properties in ECLIPSE_HOME oder use absolute path or ask for
a better solution.

toogle browser intern/extern:
Window - Browser

In view Servers you may add and remove applications, start, restart, ... servers.

2nd way:

use Sysdeo tomcat plugin

Am Di 29.08.2006 16:16 schrieb Douglas Ferguson <douglas.ferguson@epsiia.com>:

> Anybody know of a good guide to using WTP to deploy to tomcat?
>
> I'm current replacing my ant scripts with maven and have lost the ability to do a "file
deploy", i.e. just jsps and not entire war file.