tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 and IPv6 configuration
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 12:21:46 GMT
Your first two questions are in no way Tomcat-specific.

Ipv6Tomcat wrote:
>      yes,I had installed tomcat 5.0.28 simply in my machine(xp sp2)
> ,because my computer has deployed ipv4 and ipv6 address, when i install
> tomcat successfully, I just put the "http://localhost:8080" to webbrowser
> to test tomcat.How can i know localhost refer to the ipv6 address?

netstat -n
to see the active connections.
netstat -na
will also show whether Tomcat has bound to an IPv6 address.
Or, even simpler, use the numeric IPv6 address in the URL, like

>      secondly,How can i know my machine use ipv6 address? it seems that
> ipv4 address is default address(InetAddress.getByName("hostname")  return
> ipv4,not ipv6 address.).

ipconfig /all

BTW: you might want to take a look at this:

>      thirdly,i want to know if there is a deployment change for ipv6
> environment? just  modify the deployment file like server.xml etc.

None that I know of.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: