tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Angelov, Rossen" <Rossen.Ange...@SourceMedia.com>
Subject isVirtualWebappRelative not working
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:40:29 GMT
Hi everybody,

I'm having issues with isVirtualWebappRelative parameter when configuring the SSIServlet.
It just won't work for me. I have set up the value to 1 to make the path be interpreted as
relative to the context root, but I'm still getting the following output in catalina.out:

SEVERE: #include--Couldn't include file: /head.html
java.io.IOException: Couldn't find file: /head.html
        at org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIServletExternalResolver.getFileText(SSIServletExternalResolver.java:537)
        at org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIMediator.getFileText(SSIMediator.java:155)
        at org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIInclude.process(SSIInclude.java:44)

The file, head.html, exists in the context root and everything works fine when a file from
the same directory is including it via <!--#include virtual="/head.html"--> The problem
comes when a file from a subdirectory tries to include it.

I'm testing this with Tomcat 5.5.17 on Linux. The same configuration works fine with Tomcat
5.0.25

Does anybody know of any bugs related to the isVirtualWebappRelative parameter in Tomcat 5.5?
I might have missed something in the configuration, but can't think of it right now.

Any help and ideas are welcome.

Thanks,
Ross

"This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential and not for third
party unauthorized distribution"