tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrés González" <ang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hot deployment questions
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:47:49 GMT
I apply patches on production servers every week (or i did some time
ago, now things are more stable O:)) and the hot deployment work
perfectly. It does not "interrupt" any HTTP-transaction. If you are
using sessions you need to persist them and may be write your
ServletContextListener class to execute some code on the start/stop of
the context (the webapp).

I think what tomcat does when it detects a new class is:

1 - "stop" responding new request (don't discard them, only "paused"
them for a while)
2 - wait until current "http transactions" are done
3 - reload the webapp
4 - attend "paused" requests and new ones