tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Salisbury" <salisb...@globe.gov>
Subject XSQL
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:54:13 GMT
I'm not sure if I have a tomcat configuration problem or some other problem.  I'm try to get
Oracle's XSQLServer
application up and working under tomcat... but something's amiss.  In trying to get a proof
of concept going, I'm
installing under servlets-examples under the tomcat installation directory.  I'm a newbie
on tomcat, but it's my
understanding that installing applications under the installation directory will help in that
I will not have to change
server.xml or CLASSPATH.  Is that correct?  Seems that tomcat _should_ be able to serve
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/servlets-examples/WEB-INF/demo.xml without changes to server.xml,
but it only
seems to see this file if I put a <Context> directive into server.xml.

But the above .xml problem may be parenthetical.. back to my XSQL

So, I have the class files that Oracle says I need under

webapps/servlets-examples/WEB-INF/lib
   oraclexsql.jar  xmlparserv2.jar  xsqlserializers.jar  xsu12.jar

   with the XSQLConfig.xml file is in here too

In order to get the servlet to kick off with a url referencing a .xsql file extension, I have
in servlets-examples/WEB-INF/web.xml

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>xsql</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>oracle/xml/xsql/XSQLServlet</servlet-class>  <!-- path
from the oraclexsql.jar in lib -->
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>xsql</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.xsql</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

It seems that indeed, the XSQLServlet app is launched with a url reference to

http://farley:8090/servlets-examples/demo.xsql

It seems to be found if this demo.xsql file is under WEB-INF or WEB-INF/classes ( normal?
).

But I get the error message on the browser:  XSQL-001: Cannot locate requested XSQL file.
Check the name.
either way. I don't see any messages in the tomcat log files.

So tomcat seems to find the file, but the servlet doesn't.

Adjusting my CLASSPATH to add tomcat/webapps/servlets-examples/WEB-INF in either
setclasspath.sh or catalina.sh seems to have no effect.

Any help on how things should be set up is more than appreciated.

-ds