tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Harper" <>
Subject RE: User database and user attributes
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 22:00:30 GMT

Robert S. Harper
Information Access Technology, Inc.
-----Original Message-----
From: Mikolaj Rydzewski []
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:25 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: User database and user attributes
Use some kind of a database related realm:

Memory realm (tomcat-users.xml file) is a very simple one, following
documentation: "*MemoryRealm* is a simple demonstration implementation
of the Tomcat 5 |Realm| interface. It is not designed for production use."

Mikolaj Rydzewski      <>
                    PGP KeyID: 8b12ab02
There are three kinds of people: men, women and unix.

[Robert Harper]
I've been using the MBeanServer to access the tomcat-users database but
there are not methods for retrieving the group or role for a user. I have
been adding users and adding roles and groups to users just fine. The
problem is when I have a user and I want to get the group assigned to that
user, there is not a method exposed for that.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message