tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Edmon Begoli" <ebeg...@gmail.com>
Subject Subject: Re: Custom Error page when Tomcat is down?
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 22:51:29 GMT
If you are using Apache to Tomcat try using mod_security module to
accomplish this.

Mod security has setting for hiding the server error output:

http://www.modsecurity.org/documentation/modsecurity-apache/1.9.3/modsecurity-manual.html#N1057D

 as well as purposly missrepresenting the Apache (like show IIS instead of
Apache).

http://www.modsecurity.org/documentation/modsecurity-apache/1.9.3/modsecurity-manual.html#N108B5

> On 7/24/06, Eric B. <ebenze@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the pointer, but the problem that I see is that Apache is
>> returning the status code 200 to the browser.
>
> If Apache is generating an "internal server error" as you indicated, it
> should be returning a 5xx status, I'd think.

I'd think so too.  But I put in ErrorDocument 500 directives, and got
nothing out of it.
In fact, I even went one step further and put in ErrorDocument directives
for error codes 500-510 (just in case I was missing something) and none made
a difference.  I tried putting them in the main body of the httpd.conf file
(to ensure I wasn't having problems with VirtualHosts, etc), but still
nothing.
--
Thank you,
Edmon Begoli