tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: url changes
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 05:03:44 GMT

"Graham Reeds" <grahamr@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:e8ujlu$dp2$1@sea.gmane.org...
>I am setting up a website.  Part of the site is employee blogs.  As well as
>the blogs there will be forums, products, etc. making:
>
> http://www.company.com/blogs/employee.name
> http://www.company.com/forums/
> http://www.company.com/products/product.name
>
> For the blogging software I chose Blojsom.  Normally it installs into a
> blojsom folder in webapps.  However its url is:
>
> http://www.company.com/blojsom/blogs/employee.name
>
> I would like to remove the blojsom folder.  One way would be to install it
> to the root webapp folder.  This however, is undesirable as it makes
> setting up the rest of the site difficult.  I feel that there should be a
> way of configuring the web.xml in the WEB-INF file to give me the results
> I want.

Can't be done in web.xml, since you can't configure the context path there.

> Also we don't have access to the server as they are using 3rd party
> hosting.

If your hosting service will allow you to configure a cross-context app,
then it is simply a matter of adding a cross-context app with context path
/blog and a single servlet (mapped to /*) that does a cross-context
rd.forward to the /blogjsom app.