tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tomi NA" <hef...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Usage of Ibatis in production
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2006 15:08:24 GMT
On 7/29/06, Phil (waex) <philippe.bertramo@waex.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry for if this question is slightly off topic, I'm revisiting my work
> practices at the moment and I'm considering the usage of various frameworks
> to replace hand coding.
> I was wondering if any of the users in the list use Ibatis in production /
> commercial systems for data persistence to RDB, or if someone have some
> dreadful stories prevent me from looking further into it. It looks to me
> that it is quite easy to use and the learning curve is not as steep as
> Hibernate for instance.

Use whatever ORM technology you like - iBatis, Hibernate, Cayenne -
just don't fall back to writing volumes of mixed Java or JSP and SQL
code.
You'll always be able to handcode (e.g. in stored procedures) a couple
of critical points of your application, but for most applications,
you'll be jumping for joy working with clean OO code, leaving all the
gory details (sql injection, statement construction etc.) to the ORM
framework.

Cheers,
t.n.a.