tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Li <ampyx...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: File Writing Permission Problem with Tomcat
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2006 08:04:36 GMT
Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying.

The exception is FileNotFoundException (Permission Denied)

If the path is not correct, it should not have "Permission Denied" message.

What i found here is:
- File factually uploaded and stored in mem successfully,
- when i catched the uploaded file in mem and trying to create a
FileInputStream along with the path "/var/../../target_dir", it failed cuz
the stream unable to be created, and then it threw a error said
"FileNotFound..."
- if it is the problem about path or context path, i tested in windows, and
there is no problem.
the path i defined for windows env is like  "c:\Apache\httpdocs\temp\". if
the app uses context path for that, it should failed cuz the path will be
concerted to "<my app root dir>\c:\........\temp\", but it was successful.

Any idea?

--
When we invent time, we invent death.