tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cameron Currie" <ccur...@tamu.edu>
Subject Re: Database Connection Error Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:12:34 GMT
Thanks for the quick replies.

Martin:
No luck with your advice. I'm not sure there's a problem with mysql
permissions, as I can log in with a mysql client from the local
machine and access the database as normal. The original command used
to set the permissions was 'GRANT ALL ON DB.* TO 'User'@'%' IDENTIFIED
BY 'password';'

Christopher:
I've tried using the IP address instead, unfortunately that didn't work.

Bob:
The entry in the hosts file is defined as you said.

For some reason tomcat can't connect to the database and create a
connection pool, even though a normal client can connect just fine. I
even wrote a small java program to connect using JDBC, in case that
was the problem. I used the same parameters given to tomcat and again,
it works just fine.

On 7/19/06, Bob Hall <rfhall3@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Cameron,
>
> You wrote:
>
> > I have a newly installed and configured Ubuntu
> > server running
> > Tomcat5.5 and Mysql 5.0. This server was created in
> > an attempt to
> > migrate from a Red Hat server in a similar
> > configuration, running the
> > exact same webapp. Most of the
> > configuration/classpath differences
> > between the two platforms have been ironed out.
> >
> > The Problem:
> >
> > When our webapp trys to connect to the database on
> > localhost, an exception
> >
> > 'java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
> > (java.net.SocketPermission localhost resolve)'
> >
> > is generated.
> >

> Looks like the OS is unable to resolve localhost.
> Does the ubuntu server have the following in its
> /ect/hosts file?
>
> 127.0.0.1    localhost
>
> -Bob

Cameron Currie