tomcat-users mailing list archives

From david_x_mil...@standardlifehealthcare.com
Subject war file deployment on openvms
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:13:02 GMT

 I have developed a web application in Rational
 Application developer on
 Windows XP.
 From this I have created a war file.

 I have copied the war to an alpha running openVMS, put it
 in the webapps
 directory, changed the record attributes as required
 (stream_lf), and
 started tomcat.

 The application has seemed to deploy OK, but when I try
 to access it
 through IE i get a 502 error. However, I use essentially
 the same
 address as I use to test locally - obviously the actual
 ip address is
 different, but the application/servlet name bit is the
 same.

 While trying to work out what is going wrong, I noticed
 that the
 servlet I am trying to access, instead of being put at
 the bottom of a
 directory path that reflects the package name, is simply
 being put into
 the classes directory, which seems wrong to me.

 I intend to try manually creating the directory path and
 moving the
 servlet there, but in the meantime, if anyone has
 encountered this sort of problem before, I would
 appreciate any light you can shed on the cause/solution.

 I checked the conents of the war file and the servlet
 does have the
 correct path.

CSWS tomcat v 4.1.24 java 1.3.1

For more information on Standard Life Healthcare, visit our website www.standardlifehealthcare.co.uk

Standard Life Healthcare, registered in England (02123483), Marshall Point, 4 Richmond Gardens,
Bournemouth BH1 1JD, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. 01202
292464. Calls may be recorded/monitored. This confidential e-mail is for the addressee only.
If received in error, do not retain/copy/disclose it without our consent and please return
it to us. We virus scan and monitor all e-mails but are not responsible for any damage caused
by a virus or alteration by a third party after it is sent.