tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob" <unknown-ri...@earthlink.net>
Subject Tomcat FastCommonAccessLogValve - working example?
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:47:05 GMT

Hi,

I put this valve statement inside the context container in server.xml, and
restarted tomcat, but it's still not creating an access log for the server.

          <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.valves.FastCommonAccessLogValve"
                     prefix="localhost_access_log." suffix=".txt"
                     pattern="common" />

I copied this example right from the jakarta.tomcat.org site - somewhere!
I'm sorry to say I can't find it now, but it was near the valve overview
page:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/valve.html

Does anyone have any experience starting access logging using the valve
statement?

Thanks,

Rob