tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Richard Doust <rdo...@mac.com>
Subject Tomcat under JBoss
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 14:02:18 GMT
I need help getting Tomcat to process JSTL tags when an ear is
deployed to JBoss 4.0.4 with Tomcat 5.5.17.
The same application that works with JBoss 4.0.1 and Jetty 5.1.4 does
not work with JBoss 4.0.4 with Tomcat 5.5.17. JSTL tags are sent to
the client's browser unprocessed.
Tomcat does not seem to be honoring the contract for the servlet
container. I am packaging the standard.jar and jstl.jar files in my
WEB-INF/lib directory. I know they're being found, because if I
remove them I get Class Not Found exceptions for the tag support
classes. However, maybe there's some underlying support file that's
available with Jetty that isn't with Tomcat that I also need in my
WEB-INF/lib that I don't have there. I don't know. I'm pulling my
hair out. I've spent 24 hours trying everything I can think of.
Nothing works. No error messages or other useful information seems to
be available.
Can anyone help me with this please.