tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Crowther" <>
Subject RE: programmatically sending tomcat a socket?
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:07:36 GMT
> From: Adam Fisk []
> I'm embedding Tomcat, and I'd like to have programmatically
> send it a socket
> I've created (could be a reliable UDP socket subclass, some
> other special
> "socket"), and have Tomcat handle it as if it were a normal socket,
> expecting incoming HTTP requests on that socket.
> Anyone know how I should best go about this in the code?

The obvious trick would be to subclass the relevant Connector class so
that it acquired the socket to listen on from your code rather than by
instantiating a new socket itself.  Then simply reference your own
Connector class rather than the stock class as you start the embedded

		- Peter

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: